Sunday, January 1, 2012

long time no posts...

久さしぶり〜
この日記のエンタリーはたくさん写真があるんです。
a.k.a. this entry will be pic heavy
It has been a while since I posted. I've been extremely busy with fun family activities, snowboarding, skiing, and of course, eating. Luckily, I didn't gain any holiday weight with our vacation right around the corner. Yay! ^.~
I had some fun holiday adventures trying to cook some Japanese dishes, first, I made kani udon (udon noodles with crab) for my husband one day.

here is the HUGE crab leg. Crabs are spiders of the sea, I wonder if spiders taste as good as crabs...hmmm..

the finished product.

On Christmas we started our tradition for the first time, EVER! We made Crepes! I love crepes, because they aren't too sweet and with Japanese style crepes you can pretty much stuff anything in them, ranging from fruit, to even raw fish. Yummy ^.^

This was our little crepe station we set up, I melted down some 72% dark coco from ghirardelli and drizzled it on our crepes.

Then it was my mother-in-laws birthday, so we made crepes again. My sister-in-law also made a German pancake, I fell in love with it and I want to make it on my own. It wasn't very sweet, it had a touch of powdered sugar on it, and I had it with fruit and really good maple syrup.


For Hiromi's birthday I decided to make a Japanese cake, Japanese cakes are very tedious because they are so precise. Instead of measuring it out by cups, Japanese recipes call for weight, which I am use to because of school, and I prefer to bake in oz and g's, it reads for more accurate nutritional intake. My sister-in-law helped me bake it, and I decorated it. Thank you Heidi! <3


end result. :3

Now that I look at this entry, all of these recipes were foreign haha. The key for me this holiday was to not over indulge, I ate until I was satisfied, and I ate a variety of foods. Also, I hate eating past 6 p.m. :3.
What are some of your food habits you have?
Happy eating~ xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment