Monday, November 14, 2011

30 seconds from tuesday

ugh, what an awful title. I try to be clever with titles, but it sometimes (usually) never works, h'oh well! So, ze husband and I are going to be VERY busy up until March, so I will try to update this blog as much as possible. Between school, work, filling out the application, the holidays, the Dominican Republic, then interviews, I will be updating my blogs, diaries, journals as much as possible to document every moment. Yes, I have many different forms of documentation, I have two different journals I update quite often on my computer, a diary which is like a mini scrap book, and two blogs! I haven't EVEN started scrap booking yet, I'm sort of dreading that day. I can't believe it will be Thanksgiving next week! It has gone by so fast. I'm so excited for Christmas, Alex and I love Christmas. Yes, we are the people that shop at 5 am and get everything out of the way that day. I'm glad to say that we do draw the line at camping out in front of stores, that is something we definitely WON'T do, but more power to ya if you're one of those. I hear that this year some stores will be opening at 10 pm Thanksgiving day! That is just plain mean, I feel so bad for the people that work there, let them spend some time with their families! Speaking of Christmas coming up, ever have a crap ton of mittens and scarves and you have no idea what to do with them? If not, you're lucky! If so, I made my own little way to organize them which helps a lot!

I know, it's sort of a gross picture. But this isn't really for looks, but I'm sure you could make it cute. ALSO, another winter theme which goes along with this entry is the soup I made today! It was super easy. 1 can of black beans, 1 can of pinto beans, 1 can of corn, dice up green chilies, tomatoes, and yellow onion, add 3 cups of water and bam you have some black bean soup. I put it in the crock-pot for an hour on high, I served it with sour cream and sliced avocado on top, I wish I took a picture of that. My husband also makes the best corn tortilla chips, so we will have to add some of those for tomorrow.

Right now the husband is studying diligently, wishing for his last semester to be over with. Poor guy!


FINALLY Grandma (Gwandmawh!) Potter showed me this picture the other day and it made me smile.
My cousin Kate and I, dancing <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment