Sunday, October 23, 2011

Today is the day!

Wow, today was INTENSE, in a good way, of course! I am so drained right now, but in my head I was thinking, "MUST. BLOG. AND. WRITE. IN. DIARY" with a superhero voice-over, of course! Today was very important for me, I'm not going to give all the details about what my job entails, but I try to outreach to international students, and today I was a part of one the biggest events they have! It was an amazing and fun experience, I got to talk on a microphone in front of 140 people! It wasn't too bad, but I'm sort of proud of myself, not proud enough to stop typing and pat myself on the back though, hehe.

 Me with the Japan club president, P.R., and coordinator! It was Halloween themed, can you tell? :p. I love my bebe jeans, they are so comfortable! I decided today was a nice fall day so I wore my brown boots (from Marshalls!) and I wore a statement necklace from TJ Maxx. My hair I had a half dutch braid on the side, I learned how to achieve this through here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duevuHj1R0Y

Okay, I can't lie, I had A LOT of help learning how to braid from my sister(in-law, but more like SISTAH). One day I sat her down, and I told her I was unable to braid my own hair, and then we spent 4 hours trying to teach me how to braid. YAY!
I wanted to throw in a random picture of my Husband and I from the other day. I'm not wearing makeup here, sorry! haha. My husband has a huge influence in my life, and not just because he's my husband, wait, does that make sense? ;). He's half Japanese, and he is one of the main reasons I started to fall back in love with the Japanese language and culture. He took me to Japan and proposed to me on a mountain over looking the biggest fresh water lake in Japan, Lake Biwa! Quick batman, to the time machine!!
This was the day he asked me to marry him. July 27th, 2010! This picture was taken after Alex asked for my hand! I know this sounds extremely vain, but I kept praying to God that my mascara wouldn't run from crying, therefore, I wouldn't look that bad in pictures. My prayers were answered! This is the best I've ever looked in a picture after crying from joy! Here is another picture, but showing the view from where he asked me:
ahhh. Oh, if anyone wants to know my outfit, pants AND shirt both from American eagle, both around $10! I rolled the pants into Capris, and I'm wearing Vibrum shoes. Those shoes were the best investment for Japan, we scaled mountains, tread through the Japan sea, and ran through water falls, and if I didn't have those I would have been in trouble. Ahhh Japan, how I miss thee. Hopefully we shall reunite again soon and have more amazing adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment